I have recently teamed up with Bertolli to recreate one of their pasta dishes from their website.
There’s lots to choose from! But I decided to go with the pasta with broccoli and crispy pancetta from their pasta recipes page.
I frequently buy Bertolli, but had never tried their Bertolli With Butter product. I love simple pasta dishes which feature a few key ingredients, garlic and then usually olive oil as opposed to a sauce. I also love smothering it in parmesan too, it tastes so good! What I particularly liked about this dish is that the Bertolli with butter worked even better, as it had a lovely creamy taste so I didn’t need to load as much cheese on top. I will definitely be using this again.
Gennaro Contaldo’s Bertollini Pasta With Broccoli and Crispy Pancetta
- 6 slices pancetta, left whole (optional)
- 60 g Bertolli with Butter
- 1 small cooking onion
- 80 g pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g broccoli floret
- a little salt
- 400 g small Bertollini pasta cones (or rigatoni)
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Grill or oven-bake the whole pancetta slices until crispy but not burnt and set aside.
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in large frying pan and on a medium heat sweat chopped pancetta for around 5 minutes until crispy.
- Add the onion, and garlic and sweat for a further minute.
- Finely dice the broccoli florets and sweat until tender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in slightly salted boiling water until “al dente.”
- Loosely, drain the pasta and over a low heat toss well together with a little cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter to add shine. Serve immediately topped with crispy pancetta and plenty of grated Parmesan.
I was compensated for my time creating this blog post, but all views are my own.